Fall Term U-Pass
U-Pass for the Fall Term will be assessed to students attending on-campus classes. Undergraduate Students taking only online (remote) delivery of Fall Term courses will not be assessed the U-Pass fee
Due to the on-going COVID-19 pandemic, Place Riel will remain closed to the general public. This means U-Pass must be distributed differently for Fall 2020.
Any student enrolled in anything at all on campus will be assessed the U-Pass fee. Unless otherwise notified, new student cards, already activated, will be distributed through your college. Please do not use the appointment calendar for students opting in unless otherwise directed. If you do not receive your card through your college, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Students taking remote delivery classes will not be automatically assessed. Any student who wishes to Opt-In to the U-Pass Click Here and follow these steps:
- Fill out the Opt-In Form
- Check your PAWS account to see if the assessment has been placed on your account. This could take up to four business days.
- In the interim, schedule an appointment and come individually to Place Riel for your card activation.
- Please ensure that you have your student card, and have been assessed the U-Pass fee on your PAWS account before scheduling an appointment to activate your U-Pass. You will receive a confirmation email for your appointment.
- When you arrive at the front doors of Place Riel for your scheduled appointment, call 306-966-6962, have your student card ready, and a USSU employee will greet you, confirm your appointment, and escort you to the USSU office to activate your U-Pass.
- The last day to Opt-In for Fall Term U-Pass is December 1, 2020.
If you have been assessed the U-Pass fee, normal parameters exist for opting out for students attending on-campus courses. Students may apply to opt-out of the U-Pass service if they qualify in one of the following categories: living outside the city limits, living in on-campus housing (Ogle Hall, Voyageur Place Residence, Lutheran Theological Seminary, and St. Andrew’s, (College Quarter residences are not eligible), or they unable to ride the bus due to a disability.
To apply for the U-Pass Opt-Out Click Here
The last day to apply for the Fall Term Opt-Out is September 17, 2020. Completed online applications are due no later than 4:30pm.
Face masks (non-medical mask or cloth face-coverings) are mandatory in all indoor public spaces for faculty, staff, and students who have approved access or are required to be on campus.
If you are feeling unwell and/or showing signs of illness, you should self-isolate. Even if your illness and symptoms are not consistent with that of the COVID-19 virus, please stay home, monitor your symptoms, and reduce your contact with others:
- isolate yourself at home to avoid spreading it to others
- if you live with others, stay in a separate room or keep a 2-metre distance
- visit a health care professional or call your local public health authority
- call ahead to tell them your symptoms and follow their instructions
For more information regarding U-Pass, please email email@example.com