Setup Your Smartphone
- To learn how to check if your classes are in-person, online, or remote, read the information in the blue box at the top of the Classes and Registration page. To check if you have been assessed the U-Pass transit fee, go to the Tuition and Fees channel in PAWS and select “View and Pay my Tuition and Fees.”.
- Go to your phone’s app store and download the Saskatoon mobile ticketing app, Transit Go (TGo)
Link to Apple’s App Store Link to Google Play Store
- Once you have downloaded and installed the app, follow these steps to create an account
- Open the Transit Go app and in the top right corner, click the three lines to be presented with the Utilities menu
- Select “My Account”
- Select “New account” if you haven’t created an account for the Transit Go app
- Enter your Usask email address in this format email@example.com
- It is very important that you use that email format, do not use firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. If you do not use that format, PAWS will not recognize your account and your U-Pass will not be available on your phone.
- Enter a password for your Transit Go account, we recommend not using the same password as your University accounts.
- After entering your password a second time, select the “Create a new account” button.
- Check your Usask email account (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a verification email from Saskatoon Transit. The email will be from email@example.com (if you don’t see it within 5 minutes, check your spam/junk folder)
- You will need to click the Verify Account link in the email to complete your account creation setup
- After you have verified your account, you can follow the next steps on PAWS.
Link your Transit App to your student account:
- Login to PAWS and go to the U-Pass portal paws.usask.ca/go/upass
- You will then be shown a list of term options available to you.
- If you are eligible for a U-Pass for a term, you will see an [Activate] button next to the list, click that button.
- Your U-Pass will appear on your mobile phone in the Saskatoon Transit Go app in less than 3 minutes.
- If you don’t see the pass after that time, select the “My Passes” button in the app and press the refresh icon in the top right corner.
- You will then be able to activate your U-Pass on your phone after the start of the term (after 12:00am on January 1st for the Winter Term)
If you have been assessed the U-Pass fee, normal parameters exist for opting out for students attending on-campus courses. Students may apply to opt-out of the U-Pass service if they qualify in one of the following categories: living outside the city limits, living in on-campus housing (Ogle Hall, Voyageur Place Residence, Lutheran Theological Seminary, and St. Andrew’s, (College Quarter residences are not eligible), or they are unable to ride the bus due to a disability.
Winter Term Important Dates
December 13, 2021
Winter Term U-Pass can be loaded. Winter Term U-Pass allows you to access Saskatoon Transit from January 1 to April 30.
You will be required to activate your U-Pass each term.
December 13, 2021
Opt-Out applications may be submitted online to the USSU. Applications will not be processed until January 5, 2022.
December 31, 2021
Fall Term U-Pass is deactivated at the end of the day. Winter Term U-Pass will be required effective January 1.
January 1, 2022
Winter Term U-Pass is active. You will be able to activate your U-Pass on your phone after the start of the term (after 12:00am on January 1st for the Winter Term)
January 21, 2022
Last day to apply for Winter Term Opt-Outs. Completed online applications are due no later than 4:30 pm.
April 30, 2022
Winter Term U-Pass is deactivated at the end of the day. Spring Term U-Pass will be required on May 1.