The USSU Childcare Centre is currently accepting applications for Toddlers (19months-2.5 years old) and Pre-schoolers (2.5-6 years old).
Visit ussuchildcarecentre.ca for details or contact
Calling all USask undergrad student leaders. This is your chance to make a difference on campus!
You are eligible to apply for Student At Large (SAL) positions on any of the USSU Committees. Committee descriptions are available here:ussu.ca/committees. Students may also read the SAL Policy at ussu.ca/bylaw for more information regarding SAL responsibilities.
Being a SAL gives you the opportunity to learn about student governance, grow your network, gain leadership skills, build your resume and earn a CCR credit! If any of the following committees are of interest to you, please submit your application by September 16, 2021 at 4pm.
We have numerous committees to help guide the USSU. Join a committee that matches your interests.
Academic Relations Committee
Campus Group Committee
Finance and Assessment Committee
External Relations Committee
Indigenous Student Advisory Committee
International Student Advisory Committee
Student Experience Committee
Visit ussu.ca/sal to fill out your application.
To use your smartphone as your U-Pass, follow these instructions:
Setup your smartphone:
- Make sure you have been assessed the U-Pass fee or have filled out the opt-in application and that you see the U-Pass fee on your student tuition account on PAWS.
- Go to your phone’s app store and download the Saskatoon mobile ticketing app, Transit Go (TGo)
- Once you have downloaded and installed the app, follow these steps to create an account
- Open the Transit Go app and in the top right corner, click the three lines to be presented with the Utilities menu
- Select “My Account”
- Select “New account” if you haven’t created an account for the Transit Go app
- Enter your Usask email address in this format email@example.com
- It is very important that you use that email format, do not use firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. If you do not use that format, PAWS will not recognize your account and your U-Pass will not be available on your phone.
- Enter a password for your Transit Go account, we recommend not using the same password as your University accounts.
- After entering your password a second time, select the “Create a new account” button.
- Check your Usask email account (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a verification email from Saskatoon Transit. The email will be from email@example.com (if you don’t see it within 5 minutes, check your spam/junk folder)
- You will need to click the Verify Account link in the email to complete your account creation setup
- After you have verified your account, you can follow the next steps on PAWS.
Link your Transit App to your student account:
- Login to PAWS and go to the U-Pass portal paws.usask.ca/go/upass
- You will then be shown a list of term options available to you.
- If the system shows that you are not eligible for a U-Pass, you are either:
- not enrolled in classes for that term, so you wouldn’t be eligible
- not registered for on-campus classes (only taking remote/distance classes), in that case you would have to opt-in if you want the U-Pass
- your college/department may not have finalized the class delivery method (in-person/online) but will have done that closer to the start of the term
- If you are eligible for a U-Pass for a term, you will see an [Activate] button next to the list, click that button.
- Your U-Pass will appear on your mobile phone in the Saskatoon Transit Go app in less than 3 minutes.
- If you don’t see the pass after that time, select the “My Passes” button in the app and press the refresh icon in the top right corner.
- You will then be able to activate your U-Pass on your phone after the start of the term (after 12:00am on July 1st for Summer term and after 12:00am on September 1st for Fall term)
Students taking remote delivery classes will not be automatically assessed, and opt-ins are required each term.
- Fill out the Opt-In Form
- Check your PAWS account to see if the assessment has been placed on your account. This could take up to four business days.
- Once you are assessed the fee follow the steps above to load your U-Pass onto your smartphone.
- The last day to Opt-In for Fall Term U-Pass is November 30, 2021.
If you have been assessed the U-Pass fee, normal parameters exist for opting out for students attending on-campus courses. Students may apply to opt-out of the U-Pass service if they qualify in one of the following categories: living outside the city limits, living in on-campus housing (Ogle Hall, Voyageur Place Residence, Lutheran Theological Seminary, and St. Andrew’s, (College Quarter residences are not eligible), or they are unable to ride the bus due to a disability.
Fall Term Important Dates
August 16, 2021
Fall Term U-Pass can be loaded. Fall Term U-Pass allows you to access Saskatoon Transit from September 1 to December 31.
You will be required to activate your U-Pass each term.
August 16, 2021
Opt-Out applications may be submitted online to the USSU.
August 31, 2021
Summer Term U-Pass is deactivated at the end of the day. Fall Term U-Pass will be required effective September 1.
September 1, 2021
Fall Term U-Pass is active. You will be able to activate your U-Pass on your phone after the start of the term (after 12:00am on September 1st for the Fall Term)
September 16, 2021
Last day to apply for Fall Term Opt-Outs. Completed online applications are due no later than 4:30 pm.
November 30, 2021
Last day to Opt-In for Fall Term U-Pass is November 30, 2021.
December 31, 2021
Fall Term U-Pass is deactivated at the end of the day. Winter Term U-Pass will be required on January 1.