Due to the on-going COVID-19 pandemic, Place Riel will remain closed to the general public. This means U-Pass must be distributed differently for the Spring Term.
Undergraduate students taking any on campus component will be assessed the U-Pass fee. Please schedule an appointment and come individually to Place Riel for your card activation, activations are required each term. Appointment information will be sent to you with your confirmation email.
Students taking remote delivery classes will not be automatically assessed, and opt-ins are required each term. Any student who wishes to Opt-In to the U-Pass Click Here and follow these steps:
- Fill out the Opt-In Form
- Check your PAWS account to see if the assessment has been placed on your account. This could take up to four business days.
- Once you are assessed the fee, schedule an appointment and come individually to Place Riel for your card activation.
- Please ensure that you have your student card, and have been assessed the U-Pass fee on your PAWS account before scheduling an appointment to activate your U-Pass. You will receive a confirmation email for your appointment.
- When you arrive at the front doors of Place Riel for your scheduled appointment, call 306-966-6962, have your student card ready, and a USSU employee will greet you, confirm your appointment, and escort you to the USSU office to activate your U-Pass.
- The last day to Opt-In for Spring Term U-Pass is June 11, 2021.
If you have been assessed the U-Pass fee, normal parameters exist for opting out for students attending on-campus courses. Students may apply to opt-out of the U-Pass service if they qualify in one of the following categories: living outside the city limits, living in on-campus housing (Ogle Hall, Voyageur Place Residence, Lutheran Theological Seminary, and St. Andrew’s, (College Quarter residences are not eligible), or they are unable to ride the bus due to a disability.
Spring Term Opt-Outs will be processed by Student Accounts starting the first week of May 2021.
Face masks (non-medical mask or cloth face-coverings) are mandatory in all indoor public spaces for faculty, staff, and students who have approved access or are required to be on campus.
If you are feeling unwell and/or showing signs of illness, you should self-isolate. Even if your illness and symptoms are not consistent with that of the COVID-19 virus, please stay home, monitor your symptoms, and reduce your contact with others:
- isolate yourself at home to avoid spreading it to others
- if you live with others, stay in a separate room or keep a 2-metre distance
- visit a health care professional or call your local public health authority
- call ahead to tell them your symptoms and follow their instructions
For more information regarding U-Pass, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
April 19, 2021
Spring Term U-Pass can be activated or reactivated at the USSU Office in Upper Place Riel.
* If you previously received a U-Pass, you will be required to reactivate your U-Pass at the USSU Office. Spring Term U-Pass is active May 1 to June 30.
April 19, 2021
Opt-Out applications may be submitted online to the USSU.
April 30, 2021
Winter Term U-Pass is deactivated at the end of the day. Spring Term U-Pass will be required effective May 1, 2021.
May 1, 2021
Spring Term U-Pass is active. If you have received or reactivated your U-Pass for the 2021 Spring Term, you can access Saskatoon Transit with your U-Pass.
May 14, 2021
Last day to submit opt-out applications for qualified students enrolled in Spring Term, Quarter 1, Quarter 2 (6 credit), and Quarter 1 (3 credit) classes. Completed online applications are due no later than 4:30 p.m.
June 4, 2021
Last day to submit opt-out applications for qualified students enrolled in Spring Term, Quarter 2 (3 credit classes). Completed online applications are due no later than 4:30 p.m.
June 1, 2021
Last day to submit opt-in applications for qualified students enrolled in Spring Term. Completed online applications are due no later than 4:30 p.m.
June 30, 2021
Spring Term U-Pass is deactivated at the end of the day. Summer Term U-Pass will be required effective July 1, 2021.