Come one and come all to Know Your Rights Week!!!! During one of the most thrilling weeks of the year, get ready to know YOUR student rights and responsibilities! The week is designed to provide you with valuable knowledge that will be useful going into midterm season! It is a collaboration between your USSU and Student Learning Services!
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 23
- The week kicks off with the start of a weekly series of posts on Facebook, and Instagram called, “Know Your Rights Mondays”!
- Student Learning Services Workshop: Digital Literacy and Your Digital Footprint
- Are you information savvy when it comes to your digital literacy skills? Attend this workshop to learn more about digital literacy and tips for managing your digital footprint.
- Collaborative Learning Lab (Room 145), Murray Bldg: 12:30-1:30pm.
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 24
- Face to Face: Join your USSU Executive in St. Thomas More by the Student Lounge! While you are there, try your luck at spinning the wheel of rights and responsibilities! Test your knowledge and have a chance to enter a draw!
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 25
- Student Learning Services Workshop: What Is Academic Integrity, and What Do I Need to Know About It?
- You have probably heard the term “academic integrity.” Your professors mention it on every syllabus and in class, and you may hear other students talk about it. Come to this workshop to figure out what all the fuss is about and learn how to do your work with integrity!
- Collaborative Learning Lab (Room 145), Murray Bldg: 2:30-3:30pm.
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 26
- Your Wallet? At Risk? Shining a light on Online Homework Systems and Open Educational Resources
- What are Online Homework Systems and how are they integrated into your learning experience? How can Open Educational Resources help save you $$$$$? Come to this workshop, hosted by your very own VP Academic! This presentation is broken into two parts. One section aims at raising students’ awareness of what Online Homework Systems are, as well as the risks associated with them. The second half of the presentation will discuss strategies on how to approach your professors when asking about Open Educational Resources, and the benefits they bring to both students and instructors. FREE FOOD.
- Roy Romanow Council Chamber, Upper Place Riel: 2:30-3:30pm.
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 27
- In Lieu of the Earth Climate Strike, there will not be any specific programming. Instead, make sure you attend the rally happening at City Hall at noon! Bring Signs and have your voice heard!
As well, make sure to check out other sessions Student Learning Services is providing for students in September through their SmartStart Program! Check out their September Schedule!