Guest blog by Greg Power, Chief Operating Officer
I’m thrilled to share with everyone in the CoM the recipients in the first year of our new administrative staff awards program. All the recipients have been notified, and I know you join me in congratulating them, as well as all other staff who were nominated. Here are both the recipients and those who were nominated:
Living our Values
- Sherrill Bueckert, Admissions – Undergraduate Medical Education
- Stephanie Kehrig, Department of Community Health and Epidemiology
- Cindy Matthews, Department of Psychiatry
- Sonja MacDonald and Cheryl Pfeifer, Undergraduate Medical Education
- Administrative personnel team, Department of Pediatrics – Jeanine Dice, Michelle Haley, Nancy Groenveld, Mary Grace Benedicto, Christie Klein, Kathy Tunnicliffe, Jennifer Simpson, Laurel Scherr, Sheri Olain, Kathy Doell, Jody Garnett, Susan Jackson, Jenel Vogelsang, Mila Jovic, Cecile Tuerca, Roxanne Rathgeber, Rebecca Florizone, Gina Kangas, Heather Sobrey, Kelsey Heagy, Kristy Lang, Larysa Noehring, Kerilyn Yaholnitsky, Debbie Milhomens and Angele Thiessen
For this award, the nominators create the award and award name for their nominee.
- Bruna Bonavia-Fisher, Biomedical Sciences, awarded for “Invaluable Facilitator”
- Cathy Cuddington, School of Rehabilitation Science – Regina, awarded for “Advocacy in Action”
- Cassie Eskra, Regina Campus, awarded for “Rookie of the Year”
- Amy Winik, Faculty Development, awarded for “Figures it Out and Gets it Done”
We will feature the above individuals and teams more fully in upcoming college news, so watch for that series of staff award profiles in the coming months! Congratulations to all of you and thank you for your work on behalf of the CoM.
Many others were nominated and I want to acknowledge them here. Members of our CoM community considered your work excellent and worthy of awarding, and took the time to write and submit a nomination to acknowledge this. It’s significant and worthy of recognition and congratulations to each of you. Those nominated in addition to those named above are:
Living our Values
- Bren Thompson, pewaseskwan (the sky is clearing), Indigenous Wellness Research Group
- Amanda O’Leary, Department of Medical Imaging
- Human Resources team, College of Medicine – Clay Benaschak, Samantha Marcoux, Joceyln Hrabinsky and Isabella Thomas
- Administrative staff, Office of the Vice-Dean Research – Megan Truscott, Keleigh Garcea, Chantal Jantzen, Alyssa Gallagher, Shelley-May Neufeld, Stefany Cornea, Nayoung Kim
- Information Technology and Audio-Visual team, College of Medicine – Dave Hall, Mark Drapak, Willem de Jong, Todd Reichert, Asim Hameed, Malcolm Whyte, Michael Graham, Austin Peters, Kelly Mulligan, Ganna Tetyurenko, Tyler Lagacy, Max Lyons, Cheng Cheng, Gord Unger, Scott Robson
- Joshua Lloyd and Donna McLean, Undergraduate Medical Education
- Clinical staff, Department of Academic Family Medicine, for “Team Spirit” – Maria Balmeo, Michealla Baldoza, Roxy Bec, Christine Green, Keri Hankewich, Leanne Lehman, Ann Luu, Lori Neudorf, Bethany Rolfe and Patricia Salandanan
And I do want to remind everyone to consider nominating a deserving staff member or team for next year’s awards. Information on the three staff awards can be found on the college’s awards website and in my earlier blog here introducing the awards. Watch for future communications for the nominations process to open for next year, but it is never too early to think about this and other employee recognition—whether they are on your team, colleagues you appreciate, or provide support to you as a learner or faculty member.