ICT and the Social Sciences Research Laboratories are pleased to set up new services for using NVivo.
NVivo is a tool to support qualitative analysis. NVivo is an example of Computer-assisted qualitative data analysis software. What qualitative research is.
ICT is pleased to partner with the Social Sciences Research Laboratories (SSRL) in order to provide better service for researchers doing qualitative analysis.
A number of related NVivo services are available:
- Consulting, data coding and data analysis capacity are available through the SSRL
- Subsidized prices for NVivo client licenses are available through the Campus Computer Store
- Standard or customized NVivo training may be arranged through the SSRL
- ICT provides access to a shared implementation of the NVivo Server software which can support a number of research projects. NVivo Server supports multi-user, concurrent access to an NVivo database.
- Additionally, a remote access service supports off-campus access to the NVivo Server
- ICT manages the relationship with vendor QSR International
In order to access the service:
- Researchers are advised to discuss their needs and plans with staff in the Qualitative Research Lab at the SSRL.
- To purchase a stand-alone NVivo client license, contact the Campus Compute Store
- See the service web page at http://www.usask.ca/ict/hardware-software/qualitative-analysis-software/index.php
- Alternatively researchers can contact email@example.com
- The licensing for NVivo restricts it to non-commercial use associated with the University.
- Setups for NVivo Server will be made for Principal Investigators of research projects.
- Each user of the NVivo Server software needs an NSID