If you witness a crime or suspicious activity, call Campus Safety immediately and report what you observed (306-966-5555 or just 5555 on campus).
Use these tips to help when calling:
- Do not confront the subject or subjects; be a good witness.
- Provide Campus Safety with a physical description of the subject; scars, facial hair and tattoos help identify subjects.
- Provide Campus Safety with a detailed clothing description of what the subject was wearing, such as, red shirt, blue baseball cap, white tennis shoes.
- Provide Campus Safety with how many subjects were involved and their gender.
Inform Campus Safety of any vehicles that were involved and their description.
- Vehicle descriptions are very important; licence plate number, make of vehicle, colour, condition of vehicle and any bumper stickers or distinguishing items on the vehicle.
- If vehicles or subjects leave the area, provide Campus Safety with the last known direction of travel.
- Stay on the telephone as long as possible with police.
- Providing name and call back number would help Campus Safety in case they need to contact you for further information or in case your call is disconnected.