Here are a few tips you can use to keep you and your belongings safe while at the office…
* Always secure your valuables and personal belongings, including purses, cell phones, keys and I-pods, in a locked cabinet or drawer.
* Ensure that laptops are secured with a cable on your desk.
* Carry the key to your file cabinets or desk drawer on you, either in the pocket of your clothing or on a wristband.
* Turn off your computer at night or protect access to your personal or confidential information on your computer by using a password.
* Empty out your pockets prior to hanging your coat in a public closet.
* Ensure that the entrance door to your space is kept closed at all times.
* Familiarize yourself with all emergency exits.
* Engage in the Campus Watch program and report suspicious individuals or activity to Campus immediately