There have been two 24hr Suspension issued by Special Constables within the last two days on Campus. “What is a 24hr Suspension?”…
When Experienced drivers (Meaning driver’s who are not on probation) are caught with a Blood Alcohol Content exceeding .04 will automatically face the following driver’s license suspensions:
• 1st occurrence – immediate 24-hour roadside suspension
• 2nd occurrence – immediate roadside 24-hour suspension. Once SGI is notified of the 24-hour suspension, drivers will receive a notice of a 15-day suspension along with a requirement to complete the Driver without Impairment (DWI) course within 90 days.
• subsequent occurrences – immediate roadside 24-hour suspension which is extended to 90 days and a requirement to complete addiction screening and education or a recovery program before getting your license back
New drivers (drivers who are in the Graduated Driver’s Licensing program) who drive after consuming any amount of alcohol will automatically face the following driver’s license suspensions:
• 1st occurrence – immediate 30-day roadside driver’s license suspension and a requirement to take a DWI course within 90 days.
• Subsequent occurrences – immediate 30-day roadside suspension which is extended to a 90-day suspension and a requirement to complete addiction screening education or a recovery program before getting your license back.
For every 24hr Suspension Costs will include, the Tow Fee, your vehicle will be towed to a compound, and you will be charged $100.00 by SGI.
The Department of Campus safety wants you to be safe and avoid a 24hr Suspension or possibly a Criminal Charge, so please call a Cab or designate a sober driver.