As the library unit review progresses (see my blog post of January 18, 2016) the university is also beginning an international search for the next Dean, University Library. After a decade in that role, my time as Dean is coming to a close, and I am taking a vacation ahead of commencing my administrative leave.
The Interim Provost (Dr. Ernie Barber) recently announced interim leadership roles that will cover the transition period commencing February 15, 2016 through until the appointment of the next Dean. Transition arrangements will see the following colleagues in senior library leadership roles:
- Charlene Sorensen, Interim Dean
- Ken Ladd – Interim Associate Dean
- Rachel Sarjeant-Jenkins – Associate Dean
- Jill Mierke – Director, Library Human Resources
- Dale Amerud – Director, Library Financial and Physical Resources