Office hours are important because they allow our student to connect with us and ask questions, but they can be time consuming to set up in a remote environment. Using Meets in Canvas, you can quickly and simply set up remote meeting times as “office hours” so your students can sign up for a time to meet with you. You’ll want to do it this way instead of some outside tool because:
- You can set a block of time, and divide it into any length of appointments
- You can auto schedule short breaks between appointments
- You can push one set of office hours to all your classes, so student from different classes all see the options, and you only have to set up office hours once a term
- Watch a step by step video for how to set up your office hours (thanks Carmen!)
- Share a video with your students on how to sign up
Looking for another method? Here is a related blog post about alternatives and planning what will work best for you in a remote environment.