THE AES EXAM REQUEST FORM FOR DECEMBER FINALS IS LIVE!
If you require accommodations for any exams in December 2021, please request those now.
11:59pm on November 19 is the deadline to request accommodations for any exams on December 3 or later. This includes all midterms and finals on or after December 3.
Please submit requests for ALL December exams that you need accommodations for, including remote exams. Please do not arrange accommodations directly with your instructors.
We know this email is long! This hybrid learning environment is complex. We have more things to tell you – and need more information from you – than usual.
Please skim through the email and read the sections that are relevant to you.
HOW TO REQUEST ACCOMMODATIONS FOR FINAL EXAMS
Log into PAWS –> Go to the AES tab –> Click on the “Exam Service” channel –> Click on the “Final Exam” link –> Fill out the form(s)
WHAT TO DO IF YOUR FINAL EXAM ISN’T LISTED
If your final exam does not show up when you use the final exam link, use the non-final exam link instead.
If your final exam does not show up in the “Final Exam” link, it is not in the University’s final exam schedule. This commonly happens with:
- lab finals
- any exam outside of the final exam period (such as on the last day of classes)
- remote classes that are based at the Saskatoon campus but are classified as “off-campus site” courses
IS YOUR EXAM REMOTE OR IN PERSON? AND OTHER NOTES FOR THE NOTEBOX
Anything that might impact where your exam will be written should be included in the notebox. We especially need to know:
- Is the exam remote or in person?
- If your exam is in person, are you allowed to bring your laptop?
Without this information, we might end up booking you into a space that is not suitable.
CHANGING EXAM TIMES
- AES only supports date and/or time changes for accommodation-related reasons. We will not support a time/date change for personal reasons such as work or family obligations.
- If you need to change the date or time of an exam, you must talk to your instructor BEFORE you submit your request. This includes situations where students have accommodations such as “no morning exams.” Keep in mind that your instructor is the one who is managing exam times for remote exams, so it is crucial to have this discussion.
- We start most in-person evening exams early (usually 5pm) so that all students and staff can leave campus at a reasonable hour.
- We are not involved in setting the times/timers for remote exams. If you have a remote evening exam, it’s crucial to talk to your instructor about your start time.
SASKATOON-BASED CLASSES ONLY
AES only accommodates or assists with accommodations for classes that are based at the Saskatoon campus.
If the class is not based at the Saskatoon campus, contact the student services staff at the home campus to discuss your accommodation needs.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR RELIGIOUS REASONS
If you need to change an exam date or time for religious reasons, visit this link: https://students.usask.ca/academics/exams.php#ReschedulingExams
CURIOUS ABOUT YOUR EXAM STATUS?
Are you concerned because your exams are sitting there with their status saying they are still in progress? There is really nothing to worry about. But, if you’re curious about how/when we change the status of your requests, check our blog at this URL: https://words.usask.ca/dss/2021/10/28/curious-about-the-status-on-your-exam-request/
ARE YOU IN VET MED OR DENTISTRY?
The Colleges of Veterinary Medicine and Dentistry arrange accommodations in-house. If you are in one of these colleges, this email does not apply to you.
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS?
Ask us! Since we’re mostly working remotely, it’s easiest to reach us by emailing this address: firstname.lastname@example.org