The Town of Canmore, Changing Cold Regions Research Network and
Centre for Hydrology at the University of Saskatchewan are sponsoring a presentation by one of the world’s leading experts on extreme
weather and hydrology.
Dr Roy Rasmussen, a Senior Scientist at the National Center for Atmospheric Research in Boulder, Colorado, will present on
The Colorado Flood of September 2013: Lessons for Alberta
The talk will take place at 7:30 PM on Wednesday, February 12, 2014, at the
Canmore Collegiate High School Theatre
An expert panel discussion will follow. Panellists include
– Dr Howard Wheater, Canada Excellence Research Chair in Water Security, University of Saskatchewan
– Dr Ronald Stewart, Professor, University of Manitoba;
– Dr Al Pietroniro, Director, Water Survey of Canada
– Dr John Pomeroy, Canada Research Chair in Water Resources and Climate Change, University of Saskatchewan
– Dr Kevin Shook, Research Scientist, University of Saskatchewan
The event poster is available for download here.