Download the Canvas Student App on your iPhone (IOS) or Android for easy access to your course content, calendars, and chats.
Brette D. W. Kristoff, Graduate Student, Communications Specialist, GMCTL, February 8th, 2021
Use the Canvas app to take your coursework on the go with you. If you have reading assignments, group work, or Inbox messages to respond to, the Canvas Student App is easy to use from wherever you are.
Canvas Student IOS Guide:
- Search and Download the Canvas Student app for iOS from your app store.
- Open the app, and select the U of S as your institution. Then, login using your NSID and password.
- Check out the full Canvas Student Guide for IPhone for further instructions.
Canvas Student Android Guide:
- Search and Download the Canvas Student app for Android from your Play Store.
- Open the app and select the U of S as your institution. Then, login using your NSID and password.
- Check out the full Canvas Student Guide for Android for further instructions.
Getting Started with the App:
By default, the app takes you to your Canvas Dashboard where you can access your courses and favorite groups from your mobile phone.
- Customize your app landing page and other app features in your User Menu, located at the top left corner of the App.
- The App looks similar to the desktop version with access to pretty much all the same stuff!
- Remember, it is not recommended that you use the mobile version of Canvas to take quizzes and exams.
How do I find my User Menu?
- At the top left corner of the app Dashboard, is your User Menu.
- Here is where you can find your settings and help features, there you will find your Files folder.
- For both IOS and Android, access mobile Help options from the User Menu.
How do I manage my email and push notifications for the App?
- Find the Settings tab in your User Menu.
- Enable your notification preferences to get important reminders, calendar updates, Inbox notifications and more.
Where do I access my Course content in the App?
- From your Dashboard, select the course you want to access. This will take you to the Course Home page just like in the desktop version.
- Click on the title of the course you want to access to find your Modules, Files, People, Grades, and everything else.
What else is cool about the app?
- Use the document scanner in the app to easily scan and upload Files and Assignments.
- Bookmark pages on the app for quick reference later:
- If you’re using the app to catch up on your course Reading Assignments, select the bookmark option from the drop-down menu at the top right corner.
- Your saved bookmarks can be found for quick reference in your User Menu.
Remember: Use the Student App for anything except Canvas quizzes and exams. It is not recommended you take quizzes on your mobile device and “remotely proctored” exams will only work on your laptop or desktop computer.
We acknowledge that the University of Saskatchewan’s main campus is situated on Treaty 6 Territory and the Homeland of the Métis. We pay our respect to the First Nations and Métis ancestors of this place and reaffirm our relationship with one another.
For more support options with Canvas, see the USask Student Canvas page.