For our blog assignment this week we were required to create a podcast. This was my first so I’ll just explain how I recorded, edited, and published my podcast.
To record my voice I used the default voice recorder on my Galaxy S3 phone which I then uploaded to my brand new Evernote account. I also added the music file to Evernote by simple grabbing and dragging of the file from iTunes and dropping it on my open Evernote tab. Then I came to the school to do my podcast editing in the Mac Lab as the software is already on those computers. I used Garage Band to edit the audio tracks together, and also to edit out a few ums and ahhs, but mostly to get rid of long awkward pauses where I though about what to say next. This shortened the clip by about four minutes! One problem I encountered was that the downloaded audio track of my voice saved as a quicktime player that was only offering me to save it as a movie file. I eventually, after a brief Google session, tried importing the file into iTunes, which worked and I was from there able to import it into Garage Band. Finally, I uploaded my finished product to SoundCloud and pasted the widget code from SoundCloud into my post during HTML view (after a receiving a very timely email which helped me out!).
My podcast is on the topic of early literacy, specifically phonemic awareness in young children.
Music I used: E.T. The Bicycle Chase – of which I own the good old fashioned hard CD copy – and because I love it so much, here’s a link to the full CD by the Moscow Festival Orchestra.