ICT has recently completed a technology refresh of the Statistics Canada Research Data Centre (SKY-RDC). Continue reading
Due to a planned power outage in one of ICT’s server rooms, Datashare will not be available on Saturday, June 27. The outage is expected to last all day.
Please save any documents you have open on datashare before leaving on Friday, June 26, and close the application that had those open.
Geomatica version 2015 is now available for use on University computers. A new license server has been set up to handle all campus Geomatica licenses. Continue reading
The current version of Mathematica, 10.1, is now available to be installed on campus. Those with home use licenses should be notified how to update through email from Wolfram. The changes in the new version are summarised on the Wolfram web site. (Each change is linked to, separately, from this page.) Continue reading
The latest version of Stata, one of the major commercial statistics programs, is available for use on the University of Saskatchewan network. Continue reading
ICT and the Social Sciences Research Laboratories are pleased to set up new services for using NVivo.
NVivo is a tool to support qualitative analysis. NVivo is an example of Computer-assisted qualitative data analysis software. What qualitative research is.
ICT is pleased to partner with the Social Sciences Research Laboratories (SSRL) in order to provide better service for researchers doing qualitative analysis.
A number of related NVivo services are available:
- Consulting, data coding and data analysis capacity are available through the SSRL
- Subsidized prices for NVivo client licenses are available through the Campus Computer Store
- Standard or customized NVivo training may be arranged through the SSRL
- ICT provides access to a shared implementation of the NVivo Server software which can support a number of research projects. NVivo Server supports multi-user, concurrent access to an NVivo database.
- Additionally, a remote access service supports off-campus access to the NVivo Server
- ICT manages the relationship with vendor QSR International
In order to access the service:
- Researchers are advised to discuss their needs and plans with staff in the Qualitative Research Lab at the SSRL.
- To purchase a stand-alone NVivo client license, contact the Campus Compute Store
- See the service web page at http://www.usask.ca/ict/hardware-software/qualitative-analysis-software/index.php
- Alternatively researchers can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The licensing for NVivo restricts it to non-commercial use associated with the University.
- Setups for NVivo Server will be made for Principal Investigators of research projects.
- Each user of the NVivo Server software needs an NSID
The current version of MATLAB, R2015a or 8.5, depending on the versioning system you prefer, is now available for installation on campus. Continue reading
The current version of Maple (Maple 2015) is now available on campus. This version has a number of new features. There are improvements in the graphical features, data handling, and there is support for handling units (temperature in Kelvin, Celsius and Fahrenheit as an example).
UPDATE: MapleSoft has just announced webinars on learning Maple 2015.
Please contact Research Computing for information on installing and using Maple.
The latest version of COMSOL, 5.0 is now available through the campus license distribution. Continue reading